Thursday, October 12, 2017

Street Photos 9 Finding Inspiration in the Everyday

Why do I have so much trouble writing these things?  I wrote around a blog per week my first year in Lesotho but recently the frequency is closer to once per month.  One very obvious reason is a lack of new inspirations.  


The inspirations I inhaled in when I first arrived here, that fueled my desire to exhale my creativity into new and exciting images, now seem lost in my everyday life.  
In spite of the many wonderful changes in my personal life recently, my daily life is growing increasingly monotonous at this point and I am thoroughly looking forward to the next chapter.
I am a firm believer that change is important, … no, … change is vital for personal growth.  It is important for us to go out on a limb and face the unknown every once in a while.  Without change, what is life but the same old beat from the same old drum.  It bores me just thinking about it.    
Don’t get me wrong, joining the Peace Corps has been a wonderful blessing for me.  I still believe serving those in need is the greatest privilege we have as Americans, though at a certain point we all need to focus on our own personal growth.  In my journey, that point is drawing nearer and nearer.  
As my time in Lesotho quickly draws to a close, this is a time for reflection.  A time to look back on this crazy adventure and focus on the positives rather than dwell on the “could haves” and “should haves”.  
There is no doubting that fact that Lesotho is a beautiful country, filled with amazing people.  Looking back, if I have been able to demonstrate that fact in even a small way, then I have met the third goal of the Peace Corps “To help promote a better understanding of other peoples on the part of Americans”. 
Back to this post, I am pleased to share these street photos with you the reader in the hope that you may simply enjoy them and gain a small understanding of Lesotho in the process.  Thank you for your patience and support these past two years.  

Enjoy
Peace,

- Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment